Monday, March 28, 2011

Landscapes and Backgrounds

These are a small sampling of Landscape and background illustrations I've done over the years for various children's textbooks in the education industry. I liked to experiment a little with the coloring for these jobs. Results will vary, because sometimes I had to sacrifice polish in favor of incorporating as much information as possible for some of these. A had deadlines to keep, you know.

Lots of people here. I like to watch people in real life. Give them little stories in my head.

Took me a whole day and part of the next to do this one. I still like it to this day. Despite the coloring.


I like the perspective on this one. But the composition I find a bit iffy. The crayon texture is passable.

These next couple of backgrounds are much simpler in scope and less ambitious in style than the previous ones. They're supposed to be support images for other sections of the books. Unlike the others, they're not supposed to stand alone.

A small town's shop street.


A simple scene depicting a forest and a river with a bridge.





No comments:

Post a Comment